By Paula Henderson
Environmental Health, CBRE UK Asset Services
As a global real estate advisor, properties can make a great contribution to this global pursuit of ongoing environmental change. We are supporting the cause by switching off non-essential lights for buildings during the hour.
Turn out the lights in your buildings (and home!) during Earth Hour 2015 from 8:30pm – 9:30pm on Saturday 28th March. Encourage tenants and occupiers to do the same and join people around the world in this global celebration of our planet.
For larger buildings, connect with facilities and M&E contractors to manage the logistics of switching off non-essential lighting for the hour – including neon lights – in and around your properties.
Register Your Commitment
Spread the word via electronic communications & encourage others to follow suit
Tell tenants, visitors and anyone else about your participation in Earth Hour 2015. Positive actions for the planet go beyond the hour. Posters for public display can be downloaded here.
Future Commitment Beyond The Hour
Earth Hour is not just for one hour. It’s about making a commitment to ongoing change that reduces your impact on the environment.
Here are just some of the ways properties can start to reduce their environmental impact today as well as reduce costs:
- Turn off non-essential lights during the day in corridors or install motion-sensor lighting
- Install energy saving lights and energy saving devices (e.g. timers on lighting)
- Switch your property’s electricity to Gold Standard Green Power
- Provide recycling facilities/services for tenants
- Install rainwater harvesting tanks for watering gardens an lawns